10 Tips for Easy Weight Loss
Many of us struggle on a daily basis with our weight and health. Being overweight causes so many physical ailments that ultimately lead to poor health. With the massive amount of processed foods and fast food, our eating habits, especially in America, have changed quite dramatically. One thing about losing weight is that it is actually easy to do. The hardest part, once you desired weight has been reached, is maintaining that number. Luckily, there are a few easy tips for weight loss that you can do to get your body looking good and boost your self confidence.
1) You must change the way you eat. This all comes down to your mindset on nutrition and what goals you aspire to achieve. Stop thinking short term health and only think long term. A great start is completely avoiding any fast food, quit drinking any beverage with added sugars, especially pop/soda, and various juices (which are worse for you than most pop/soda). You would be quite surprised on the results from this advice alone.
2) Drink plenty of water. We as humans rely on water for survival as well as optimal health. It is recommended to get around 80 ounces (2.3L) of water daily to help rid our body from toxins. The flavor of water is boring on its own which is why you can easily add lemon for taste along with additional health benefits and boosting metabolism.
Some people even added other fruits like raspberries, strawberries, kiwis, etc. Also, you should try adding sliced cucumber to your water for a rather refreshing beverage. Stay away from powered flavor packets as they cause nothing but harm.
3) Use coconut oil. Coconut oil is the new craze for cooking oil because of its amazing health benefits. Most of use are more comfortable cooking with oils like canola, peanut, or olive oils. Coconut oil has some incredible properties in it and will give your food a much more interesting and enjoyable flavor.
4) Limit your sugar intake. As mentioned above, stay away from pop/soda and anything with additional sugar added. Try adding fresh fruit to your daily diet to easily meet you daily sugar needs. The sugar in fruit is completely different from white cane sugar which cannot be fully processed by your body. Sugar in fruit is perfect for those with diabetes because you body can easily process it.
5) Eat more spicy foods. Eating spicy food immediately kicks your metabolism up a notch. When you sweat from spicy foods, or working out, you are riding your body of toxins. Eating foods with spice is more of a secret way to burn a few extra calories. If you have a hard time with spicy food you could always try a supplement form known as Capsiplex Sport.
6) Stay away from popular diets. Any popular diet like Atkins, Weight Watchers, South Beach, are absolutely worthless. Why? Because they are simply too demanding and ONLY short term. If you want to lose a few pounds before your trip next month, then this may be ok.
However, if you want to maintain a healthier weight for life then stay far away from any dieting programs and focus on eating from the basic food groups. If you are looking to lose some serious weight then a weight loss supplement, like Phen375, may be what you need to get started.
7) Eat more vegetables. A lot of us hate vegetables and never consider to add them to our daily diet. The problem with this is that vegetables contain nutrients and vitamins that we need to promote proper health. Eating a simply salad a day will change how you feel and how your body absorbs nutrients from other food. Rule of thumb: half of your plate should be vegetables.
8) Spend less time inside in front of electronic devices and television. Quite spending so much time in front of a screen and go outside. Instead of spending so much wasted time reading senseless garbage on social media sites, go for a little walk, rake leaves, shovel snow, use stairs, park your car farther out in the lot, jumping jacks, etc.
Anything to get your body moving is incredible important to keep metabolism up. After four hours of sitting your body begins to shut down and that is when the weight can quickly build back up.
9) Simple daily exercises. Eating healthy is one thing, however, for optimal weight loss you must do some exercising. A gym membership is not required to do basic exercises like push-ups, planks, leg lifts, squat jumps, etc. These are easy to do and only take a few minutes. More serious exercises like high intensity works or even yoga would be an amazing start.
10) Never give up. No matter how many times you have tried to lose weight, never give up. Most weight gain comes from not knowing the basic rules of weight loss. Having a positive mindset, no matter how long it takes to achieve your goals, is the most important concept in this process.
Jacques, R. (2015). “What Type Of Cooking Oil You Should Use For Every Occasion” Accessed from Huffington Post on June 20th, 2015.
WebMD. (2015). “Weight Loss & Diet Plans.” Accessed from WebMD on June 20th, 2015.
Gunnars, K. (2015). “Drugs and Supplements: DHEA.” Accessed from Authority Nutrition on June 20th, 2015.